Download: Three Rivers Lake Jindabyne Estate Building Guidelines

There are so many choices and designs to choose from, whether you have your own architect, buy a plan from an existing design or design your own. Three Rivers Lake JIndabyne Estate is your opportunity to build something you love, to your own taste and budget.

Building your home in a managed estate like Three Rivers Estate means you will be part of a community of homes which are of a similar standard of construction. In our case, it is a high standard. This standard helps protect the high value of investment of every home owner in the Estate. So, there are design and construction guidelines you will have to adhere to when designing and building your home. These guidelines include but are not limited to: building envelopes, construction materials, roof height, external finishes, roof colours, water tanks, outdoor structures, fences, animal keeping etc and permitted hours of construction.

All our guidelines are outlined in the Three Rivers Estate Development Control Plan, which is included as part of the Contract of Sale.

Snowy Monaro Regional Council has guidelines you must adhere to in order to ensure your home is able to withstand the extreme seasonal weather conditions we occasionally experience in the Snowy Mountains environment such as high winds and snow loads. You can always contact the Council for more information on their requirements.

Since the Snowy Mountains experiences alll 4 seasons to their fullest, we strongly encourage the consideration of solar passive designs, to maximize your energy savings through out the year.

Frequently Asked Questions

How is the Estate managed?

The Estate is centrally managed. There is an on-call manager who will ensure the common areas of the Estate, gardens, roads, walking paths, water features etc are all maintained and the Estate is secure. Spare security entry keys will also be available from the manager as needed.

Can I rent my house out to holidaymakers? 

If you would like to rent your home out to holidaymakers, you can do so as Three Rivers Estate zoning allows for holiday rentals.  Of course, if you plan on holiday renting your home, you will need to abide by Council regulations for holiday rental properties and occupancy maximums for your particular home.

Can I reside there as a permanent resident?


Community Title

Lots being Community title means the Estate is centrally managed by the Three Rivers Association. You pay quarterly rates to the Association which covers maintenance of the common areas and infrasructure within the site and owned by the Community, of which you are a part. Rate amounts and estimates are available as part of the Contract of Sale.

Dual Occupancy 

Only a few lots are approved as dual occupancy lots. Please enquire for more information.

Exchange and Settlement 

If you are interested in a lot but need some time to do your due dilligence, you can pay a refundable holding deposit to prevent someone else purchasing the lot while you make your enquiries. If you choose not to go ahead, your holding deposit will be refunded in full. Upon exchange of contracts, you pay a 10% deposit to the trust account of the real estate agent (or to our solicitors if you are dealing direct with us) to secure your lot (less any holding deposit already paid). After exchange you will be granted full access to your lot so you an have your architects or builders begin the design process. During the exchange period, town services are placed onto your lot (if they are not already in place). Settlement is usually a maximum of 60 days after settlement but we treat this on an individual basis.


Due to changes in the GST legislation, it is now up to the purchaser to pay the 10% GST on all land sales, directly to the Australian Tax Office at the time of settlement. Depending on your circumstances, you may be able to claim the GST back from the government.

 Feel free to contact us direct anytime, or one of our estate agents who will be able to answer any other questions you have.